Michael J. Barker “Mike” has provided counsel and legal representation to clients in Jacksonville and the north Florida region for over 16 years. Mike is a native of Jacksonville, was raised in Clay County, Florida and attended the University of Florida in Gainesville during his undergraduate studies. Thereafter, he earned his law degree in 1999, from Loyola University College of Law in New Orleans, Louisiana. Mike is the Managing Partner of the Business, Financial Services & Real Estate Division of Quintairos, Prieto, Wood & Boyer, P.A. Additionally, Mike is the managing member of Attorneys’ Title Services, LLC, a national corporate title agency. Mike along with his team of partners, associates, and staff, limit their practice to matters arising out of or relating to the following areas:
- Real Estate – All aspects of real estate law in both transactional and litigation matters.
- Closings & Title Insurance – Through Attorneys’ Title Services, LLC, Mike and his team provide both insured and non-insured title products, closing and escrow services, and title curative services to mortgage lenders, builders, real estate investors and real estate brokers.
- Construction Law – As designated by the Florida Bar, Board of Legal Specialization, Mike is a Board Certified Specialist in the area of Construction Law and handles all matters arising out of construction projects, developments and construction disputes, including contract disputes, payment and performance issues, and lien / bond enforcement and defense matters.
For more information on Board Certification, visit the following link from the Florida Bar. Board Certification, What Does It Mean?
- Landlord/Tenant – Our team handles evictions and disputes for landlords (both residential and commercial) throughout Florida.
- Business Transactions – Contracts, mergers, acquisitions, buy/sell/lease agreements and other transactional moves must be valid to be effective. We work with you at all phases of business transactions to ensure your best interests are represented.
- Probate – Our team is well versed in the intricacies of the Florida Probate Code and Florida Probate Rules that govern the administration of both testate and intestate probate estates in Florida. We have the ability to handle all aspects of estate administration from the most basic to very complex.
- Business & Commercial Litigation – Unfortunately, disputes happen in business. When the dispute is significant enough to warrant litigation, your business needs an experienced team. Mike and his team of lawyers have the ability to provide aggressive, cost effective and creative solutions to expeditiously resolve such disputes through negotiation, mediation, arbitration or trial.
Learn how our team of lawyers and staff may be able to assist you; contact Barker Law, in Jacksonville, FL today at (904) 271-4030 or via email at email@example.com